OREMC annually awards 10 scholarships in the amount of $2,000 each. Applicants for the OREMC Scholarships must reside in one of the eight counties included in OREMC’s service area.
- Applicants for the OREMC Scholarship are not required to reside in a household served by OREMC. Students of OREMC employees are also eligible.
- The OREMC Scholarship funds may be used at any accredited college, university, or technical school (not restricted to Georgia) in the U.S.
- Applicants may be either a high-school senior or an undergraduate college or vocational/technical student. Non-traditional students are also eligible to apply.
Walter Harrison Scholarship
From the 10 students awarded an OREMC Scholarship, OREMC will submit two applications to Georgia EMC for the Walter Harrison Scholarship to be judged along with applications received from students all across the state.
- Applicants for the Walter Harrison Scholarship must live in a household (primary residence) of a member or an employee of OREMC.
- Walter Harrison Scholarship winners must use the funds at a college, university, or technical school located in Georgia.
- The scholarships awarded are in the amount of $1,000 each. The number of scholarships awarded each year is determined by the interest earned on the fund during the year.