OREMC is focused on human welfare and community enrichment by nature of our business and mission.
We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefit packages, and the satisfaction of knowing the work performed at our cooperative directly benefits our consumer-members’ lives. Okefenoke REMC is dedicated to helping further our employees’ careers, offering a full range of opportunities for distance learning, accreditation, and professional development programs.
Okefenoke REMC’s career opportunities span multiple specialty areas including:
• Accounting & Finance
• Communications/Marketing/Public Relations
• Community & Economic Development
• Engineering & Operations
• Information Technology
• Member (Customer) Service
Okefenoke REMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace. We only accept solicited applications and resumes based on advertised job openings.
Current Employment Opportunities
GIS/AMS/IT Technician - Nahunta, GA
The GIS/AMS/IT Technician position is responsible for:
- Helping maintain OREMC’s Geographical Information System (GIS) to ensure the electrical system model, associated database, connectivity and contents of the geographical background are accurate and current.
- Helping maintain and further develop OREMC’s communication and SCADA systems.
- Developing and providing support and/or training for OREMC’ GIS-related Asset Management Systems (AMS).
- Providing support and training for general Helpdesk inquiries.
The position requires a high school diploma. Bachelor of Science in computer science or information technology field is desired. Ideal candidate will have three years’ experience in mapping of electrical distribution lines or experience with GIS-related software. Experience with PC-related hardware and software is required.
Interested candidates can view the full job description and complete the online Application for Employment. Applications will be accepted via email at email@example.com or at one of our office locations through October 1, 2021.
OREMC reserves the right to cancel all bids for employment.