Drive-In Annual Meeting Scheduled for September 12
It goes without saying that the COVID-19 pandemic has changed life dramatically. And even though efforts are being made to get back to “normal,” there is still a great deal of uncertainty surrounding the virus and to what degree it will continue to infect and affect our communities. Everyone’s health and safety is our priority at OREMC.
As a result, plans for our 81st Annual Meeting on Saturday, September 12 will be a bit different this year. Instead of the usual gathering in the gymnasium at Brantley County High School, we will have a drive-in annual meeting that will be staged in front of the Brantley County Middle School in Nahunta. Key Points for the 2020 OREMC Annual Meeting:
- Saturday, September 12 at 10 a.m., Brantley County Middle School, HWY 82, Nahunta.
- All vehicles will enter through the main gate. There will be two lanes of one-way traffic. Gate opens at 9 a.m.
- Members and their family will remain in their cars.
- OREMC employees will greet members at two stops: the first for registration and door prizes and the second for refreshments.
- Please bring your preprinted registration card that will be mailed as part of your official meeting notice.
- Once registered members will be directed to park and tune their radio to the appropriate FM station.
- All OREMC employees who greet members will be wearing masks.
- There will not be any raffle prizes this year.
- There will be one $500 grand prize. Must be present to win.
- Exiting the school grounds will be one way and OREMC employees and local law enforcement will be directing traffic.